Amit Varma on India Uncut asks:
“If anthropologists from 300 years later see the screenshot below, of the Times of India’s headlines right now, I wonder what conclusions they will draw:
This is amusing but I wouldn’t worry about India’s present/future after reading such out of context stuff!
Well, since we’re taking snapshots, I thought we should compare this snapshot of India news with an equivalent for the USA straight from CNN.
And the top US stories as of 8th Nov 3:20 PM IST were:
1. Churches turn to armed guards for security
2. ‘Prop 8’ protests continue in California
3. For gay-marriage foes, beliefs trumped politics
4. 8-year old charged with premeditated murder
5. Accused child rapist arraigned at school
6. Courthouse shooter convicted of murder
7. Car plunges into river with kids inside
8. Stick, skateboard, doll enter Toy Hall of Fame
9. White House pets have included hippo, gator
10. Transgender candidate elected mayor
I don’t know how (and if) I can post a picture but if I could then ^^ that’s what it would show to those anthropologists!
Hmm. These are headlines, so they are “out of context” by definition no 🙂
I don’t get your point!
The point is that even the most prosperous,etc country’s “headlines” don’t make for good reading. So the concept of viewing the snapshot several years down the line is, well, not something I would wonder about.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.