I was thinking of what to eat the other day and suddenly remembered a simple but delicious dish that we used to eat as kids: golfer’s egg! Sent an email to my uncle and my father asking for the recipe – since my uncle replied first he gets the credit for being the inventor or discoverer of this dish! It was a very simple recipe:
· Chop 1 onion into small pieces.
· Fry the onion in butter.
· Keep it aside.
· Take 2 slices of bread.
· Cut a round piece of bread from both the bread slices and keep these 2 pieces aside.
· In the frying pan put some butter and place one slice of bread. Put the onion pieces on this slice.
· Place the other slice of bread on top this slice of bread with onions.
· Take one egg maybe two. Break it and empty the yolk in the centre and let the egg white flow around the bread.
· Cover the pan and wait till the egg is cooked. Please ensure you do not overheat..the bread will get burnt !!!
I managed to do it without any burning or spilling! Applied the first lesson of cooking: keep the heat on medium! Ended up with a delicious meal.
Good food, good reading material and peace of mind, what more can a guy ask for!?